Living DNA provides the option to share the administrative privileges of your DNA profile with another Living DNA user. Administrative privileges can only be shared with persons who have a Living DNA account.*
You should only give Manager access to someone you know and trust with your DNA data, such as a close relative who is helping you with your family research.
It's important to consider that by inviting someone to become a Manager, you grant them the ability to:
- View your results
- Opt this profile into services such as Family Networks
- Trigger optional (but irreversible) updates to your results
- Purchase upgrades to your results
- Download your raw DNA data file
- Message your matches on your behalf
There are also a few things a manager cannot do:
- Remove your access as the owner of the test
- Remove themselves as manager
- Delete your DNA profile or account
To add a manager:
- Log into your portal. You need to log in using the email address you used to set up your account when you activated your kit at the very start.
- Once you are on the dashboard of your portal, click the DNA Profiles section. You will find this on the left-hand side of the dashboard above Account.
- Within the DNA Profiles section, you will see all the tests in your account. Select the test you would like to add the Manager permission to. You can select this test by clicking on the name.
- Once within your DNA Profile scroll to the permissions section and select the Manager tab.
- You will be required to add the email address of the person who you wish to manage your test within the box. The person MUST already have a Living DNA account.
- You MUST press ‘save’ to save any changes.
- Once you have pressed save, the Manager will have access to your DNA profile through their account.
You can change your mind and remove these permissions at any time. This will revoke their abilities but cannot undo any previous actions taken by the user during their time Managing your profile.
*You do not need to make a purchase to be a Living DNA user. You can set up an account for free at https://my.livingdna.com/signup