We accept data from:
- FamilyTreeDNA (family finder)
- Gene by Gene
- National Geographic (Geno 2.0)
If the file type is incorrect we will not be able to process it.
- When uploading to Living DNA your file type will need to be TXT. CSV, ZIP or GZ.
- You do not upload Gedmatch or 'tree' files files
- The file is Autosomal only.
- Do not edit or modify the file eg.
- Open in a text editor (e.g. Excel) and resaved with a different format
- Processed with a third party tool (e.g. DNAland)
- Data that is 'merged' from two different testing companies, e.g. 23andMe+AncestryDNA
- The file is not a Living DNA download there is no reason or benefit for doing so and your upload will fail.
- You download a fresh copy of your data (in genome build 37!), and without opening it, upload it to us.