Which of my tests can I use?
If you would like access to our Family Networks service, and have had an ancestry DNA test elsewhere, we can accept an uploaded file that has been produced by one of the companies below:
- 23andMe© (.txt file, Build37)
- AncestryDNA™ (.txt or .csv file, Build37)
- Family Tree DNA (.csv file, Build37) - mtDNA only or yDNA only files are not eligible. Please note that FTDNA files download as a .gz file. This will need to be unzipped to a .csv file before we can accept the upload.
- MyHeritageDNA (.txt or .csv file, Build37)
- MyHeritage (.txt or .csv file, Build37) - we accept the new GSA chip too!
- Gene by Gene (.txt or .csv file, Build37)
- Geno 2.0 (National Geographic) - (.txt or .csv file, Build37)
We are really sorry but if your raw data is from a company not listed above, we cannot accept it at this time.
We can only currently accept .txt or .csv files. Please ensure you do not upload any .Zip files as we are unable to accept or process these.
We also recommend using the the newest version of data you have, although we do realise that it is not always possible so we can try to work with historical data for you.
What do I get if I upload?
Uploaded files will gain free access to our Family networks matching service but will not receive any autosomal, mtDNA or Y-DNA results.
If you would like the full Living DNA experience, you can purchase our 3-in-one kit from our website.