Your kit will include a prepaid postage return mailer. All prepaid return postage is via standard, untracked mail, so please allow 7-10 working days from within the UK/USA and 14-25 working days from elsewhere in the world for your samples to clear customs and for the local post to sort and deliver to our logistics centres.
- If you are sending your samples back from within the UK, we coordinate with the Royal Mail to ensure your sample return is prepaid.
- If you are sending your samples back from within the USA, we coordinate with USPS to ensure that your sample return is prepaid.
- If you are sending your samples back from outside the UK or USA, we use IBRS to ensure that your sample return is prepaid.
IBRS is an initiative from the Universal Postal Union (UPU). All of its members have approved the use of IBRS. If your country is in the member list, your postal service should accept our return mailer without extra charge, as long the item still fits within the allowances of IBRS.
Please note the following about IBRS:
-- IBRS does not include track & trace. This means a postal office may reject the envelope since the pre-paid postage covers only regular postal fees. Your kit contains a prepaid postage return bag, which is designed to be deposited in a public mail/postbox.
-- If you decide to reinforce (i.e. add cardboard and/or bubble wrapping) the return mailer, the IBRS specifications are violated in terms of acceptable weight and package dimensions. Postal offices will reject it. IBRS is not intended for parcels.
-- If alternative packaging is used/created, the specific label design of the IBRS label will not apply anymore, leading to increased delays in transit. If you send something mentioning it should go via IBRS, but without the integrated barcode/priority seal/pre-paid stamp, it will not be delivered.
Please also be advised of the following:
- If you are located outside of the UK/USA/EU, please do not forget to sign and date the customs label, in order for your samples to make it back to us. If this was not done, additional delays will be incurred at customs points.
- At your discretion, you may also elect to pay for a service with tracking, to ensure the timely return of your samples, as we cannot be responsible for delays in customs or the post. If you are located outside the UK or USA, please note the caveats about IBRS above. If you choose to go this route, please send your samples to our reception centre in the UK at:
K10 The Courtyard
Commerce Park, Jensen Ave.
Please also be aware that while we can ship our DNA collection kit to nearly anywhere in the world, there may be customs restrictions in your country that will make it difficult to send your samples back to us. Please contact your local authority for more information on sending DNA cheek swab samples out of your country.
Additionally, please ensure that is lawful in the country in which you reside, or if different, in the country in which you are located when you take your sample, or access your results, for you to take and submit the sample to us for testing, and to enter into this Contract and to provide the promises and undertakings which it contains, and for us to provide test results and any Related Services to you. For your legal safety, we advise that you do not place an order for Services, provide a sample, nor use Related Services in any jurisdiction where it is not lawful for you to do so.
---Please note that during November/December, additional delays may be incurred due to the holiday season. Please contact your local postal service for more information, and plan accordingly.---