If you’d like to share a photo with your matches, this is now possible in your DNA profile!
There are a few things to bear in mind - the photo must be 5MB or smaller. Larger pictures won’t be accepted, so make sure the file is the right size before uploading!
The file must also be a .JPEG, .PNG, .HEIC, or .BMP file. Other file formats (such as .TIFF or .PDF) won’t be accepted.
You can use your profile photo to
- Share what you look like with your matches.
- If you don’t feel comfortable with sharing your face, let your matches know what your hometown or country looks like with some local scenery or architecture.
- Differentiate easily between different profiles in your account - helpful if you’ve taken several tests or uploaded several files.
To upload your profile picture, please log into your account at my.livingdna.com, then click on your name at the top left - you'll see a grey circle if you don't already have a profile picture.
Select the test you’re uploading a photo for.
If you haven’t uploaded a photo before, you will see a grey circle, with a blue camera icon next to your name at the top of the page.
If you have uploaded a picture before, you’ll see that picture instead of the grey circle.
Clicking this picture, or on the blue camera icon, will open the upload page. Click on ‘browse’ to choose a picture from your computer, or you can drag and drop your picture into the light grey box.
If your file is too large, you will see an error message here. If it’s just right, you can click on ‘Save’.
Guidelines on what can be in your profile picture
While you can choose to represent yourself in your photo in any way you like, there are some things we won’t accept in your profile pictures.
- We will accept:
- Bitmojis & similar avatars
- We won’t accept:
- Explicit adult images
- Suggestive adult images
- Violent images
- Visually disturbing images
- Claiming someone else’s picture as your own
- Pictures of illegal activity such as drug abuse
- Extremist, fascist, racist, or anti-semitic imagery
- Otherwise hateful or offensive language or imagery
What to do if someone breaks these guidelines
We take these guidelines very seriously, and will regularly review the images that are uploaded. If you spot a profile image in your match list which you think breaks these guidelines, please let us know. You can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling +44 203 424 3482, or by filling out our contact us form. Please let us know the name, alias, or initials of the match who you believe has broken the guidelines, and we will investigate. We may let the person know that their image has been reported, but we will not let them know by whom.